Social Services Department
Street Address: 1809 Commercial Avenue, Anacortes, WA 98221
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 217, Anacortes, WA 98221
Phone: (360) 899-5282
Fax: (360) 299-4357
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Toll Free: Tribal Administration: (877) 470-8737
Five County Service Delivery Area:
(Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom)
- Assist with energy bills for low-income households
- Monthly food vouchers for low-income households
- General social services including referrals to outside agencies and services
- Serve and advocate for tribal youth involved in CPS/Children’s Administration through Indian Child Welfare
- Assist youth up to age 21 who have been in foster care with Independent Living Skills
- Assist youth involved in the Juvenile Court System with accessing services, including culturally appropriate services and activities
- Refer people with alcohol/chemical dependency issues and provide prevention services
- Supports Samish Indian Nation Canoe Journey and Camp Samish
- Serve and advocate for tribal youth involved in CPS through Indian Child Welfare in any state or country.
Washington Youth Academy
The Washington Youth Academy (WYA) is a FREE program offered to youth at-risk residing in the State of Washington. The vision of the Washington Youth Academy is to provide youth at-risk a quality education, positive values, and life and job skills training that will change their lives and give them hope and opportunity for a new future.
Free Cell Phone and Service:
The following website has free cell phones and free service up to 250 minutes free per month for households on different program such as SNAP, TANF and others; they do have the option to pay for more minutes if they are needed. http://assurancewireless.com/Public/Welcome.aspx
Child Tax Credit- check out this link to see if you are eligible for extra money.