Our Cultural Connections and Outreach Programs are designed around the belief that a strong sense of self-worth is built through a clear knowledge of who we are, who and where we come from, as well as where we are going. We all need to feel useful and we need to feel that we have a purpose.
- To strengthen community bonds and increase resilience of individuals.
- To encourage balanced lives that result in making positive life choices.
- To increase opportunities for youth and elders to feel connected have increased self-esteem, and sense of self-worth.
We support members by:
- Having cultural classes at least once a month
- Offering stipends to help members go to cultural skill training
- Offering multiple family-fun activities like the cultural boat trip, Mariners game, Camp Samish, Canoe Journey, and the Samish Christmas party
- Helping with the Elders Luncheon and the Cultural Day in June
We collaborate with:
- • We work with the Education Program and the Samish Early Learning Center, area public school students, and college students
- We refer to Samish Family Services, Housing, and Vocational Rehabilitation to meet needs of members
- Please contact our programs if you have ideas to share!