Our Cultural Connections and Outreach Programs are designed around the belief that a strong sense of self-worth is built through a clear knowledge of who we are, who and where we come from, as well as where we are going. We all need to feel useful and we need to feel that we have a purpose.
- To strengthen community bonds and increase resilience of individuals.
- To encourage balanced lives that result in making positive life choices.
- To increase opportunities for youth as well as elders to feel connected,
- have increased self-esteem, and sense of self-worth.
We support members by:
- Having Cultural classes at least once a month
- Offering stipends to help members go to cultural skill trainings
- Offering multiple family fun activities like the Cultural Boat Trip, Mariners game, Camp Samish, Canoe Journey, Samish Christmas party
- Helping with the Elders Luncheon, and then Cultural Day in June
We collaborate with:
- Samish Education to work with the Samish Early Learning Center, area public school students, college students
- Refer to Samish Family Services, Housing and Vocational Rehabilitation to meet needs of members
- If you have ideas of more ways to accomplish our goals, please give me a call or email me