FBR - Maintenance Applicant Pool
Maintenance - Ongoing Applicant Pool
Fidalgo Bay Resort
RV Resort Manager
$11.49 to $16.44 per hour
40hrs/week, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend and evening work
Under supervision of the RV Resort Manager, the Maintenance position performs grounds keeping, cleaning and general maintenance of the resort and its equipment, while keeping a positive, customer service orientated demeanor with all staff and guests.
Based on Available Funding, Year-Round, Part-time or Full-time
- Performs grounds keeping and cleaning tasks such as mowing, weeding, edging, and renovating/fertilizing lawns. Reports lawn and plant problems to RV Resort Manager, monitors and adjusts irrigation
- Prunes, collects, and removes brush, leaves, and other debris, such as litter. Sweeps and cleans walkways, restrooms, and other resort facilities.
- Performs minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks, doors, windows, drains, filters, etc. Repairs and treats structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performs repairs or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment including some basic carpentry, plumbing, and painting tasks.
- Safely operates and performs routine servicing on a variety of hand tools, power tools, and light equipment, including weed eaters, mowers, and company vehicles.
- Sets up and takes down chairs, tables, and portable walls for events in the convention center.
- Operates propane tank and pumps propane safely and efficiently
- Works respectfully with Resort guests to ensure rules are followed and be able to discuss rules from a positive perspective. Works cooperatively with front desk staff to coordinate communication with guests, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must obtain C-Stop safety certification within 2 weeks of hire
- Must obtain First Aid, and CPR certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Must be reliable, dependable, flexible, and customer-service orientated
- Must be able to work independently, while coordinating with supervisor/co-workers
- Must be able to prioritize job responsibilities and multi-task efficiently, meeting the needs of immediate problems as they arise, while being able to finish daily projects
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Must be able to lift 50lbs for short periods of time
The Fidalgo Bay RV Resort is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or ancestry. Samish and Indian preference will be applied to the selection for this position as defined in Title 25, US Code Section 473.
Please state you eligibility for Indian preference in your cover letter. Indian preference must be documented prior to interview or hiring. BIA Form 4432 or tribal enrollment ID may be submitted with the application if claiming Indian preference.
- Physical Demands: Long periods of standing, frequent walking over rough or uneven surfaces required (45% of time). Regular bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and climbing (35% of time), and occasional sitting (20% of time). Manual dexterity sufficient to: manipulate tools, power tools, and equipment, operate maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers, and leaf blowers.
- Mental/Visual Demands: Frequent mental and/or visual attention to task is required. Occasionally work requires heavy concentration. Frequent interruptions. Tasks involve eye-hand coordination.
- Working Environment: Frequently working outside in various weather conditions. Work environment varies on a daily basis. Occasionally works alone without benefit of supervisor or coworker.
- Unavoidable hazards/risks: Work requires moderate risks which require safety precautions (working around moving parts, chemicals, propane, machines, etc.). Protective clothing or equipment may be required (goggles, gloves, masks, boots, etc.)
- Random drug tests may be performed.