Fidalgo Bay Resort Housekeeper
Fidalgo Bay Resort
$11.50 to $13.50 per hour
Varying Hours Depending on Season; Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend and evening work
Feb 6, 2018, 00:00 AM
The Housekeeper position will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Lead Housekeeper, with overall indirect supervision from the Assistant RV Resort Manager. The Housekeeper performs cleaning and sanitation duties of the cabins and other facilities of the Fidalgo Bay RV Resort, while keeping a positive, customer-service orientated demeanor with all staff and guests.
Based on Available Funding, Year-Round, Part-time or Full-time
- Assures that all cabins are cleaned to the RV Resort standard in a timely manner and ready by 4pm for every guest check-in.
- Coordinates with Lead Housekeeper to assure cabins and laundry are complete on days off when necessary.
- Reports any damages or missing items to supervisor immediately and bring any items left in the cabins to the front office.
- Keeps all laundry clean and organized while using time management to assure sufficient time for laundry washing, drying, folding, and storing, while performing cleaning duties.
- Notifies Lead Housekeeper when supplies are low, with sufficient time to reorder (at least one week).
- Cleans public bathrooms: Cleans each toilet, urinal, sink, shower, mirrors and counters; Sweeps and mops floors; Checks paper supplies and refills as necessary; Washes windows and door windows as necessary.
- Cleans convention center/clubhouse as needed, consisting of cleaning kitchen, vacuuming, dusting, and washing windows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must obtain First Aid and CPR certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Must be reliable, dependable, flexible, and customer-service orientated
- Must be able to work independently, while coordinating with supervisor/co-workers
- Must be able to prioritize job responsibilities and multi-task efficiently, meeting the needs of immediate problems as they arise, while being able to finish daily projects
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 35lbs
- Physical Demands: Long periods of standing, frequent walking required (40% of time). Regular bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and climbing (40% of time), and occasional sitting (20% of time). Frequently lifts/carries up to 15lbs; occasionally lifts/carries up to 35lbs. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to use cleaning supplies and equipment with frequent repetitive motion such as scrubbing, dusting, folding, etc.
- Mental/Visual Demands: Frequent mental and/or visual attention to task is required. Occasionally work requires heavy concentration. Frequent interruptions. Tasks involve eye-hand coordination.
- Working Environment: Work environment varies on a daily basis. Must walk outside between sites in various weather conditions. Occasionally works alone without benefit of supervisor or co-worker.
The Fidalgo Bay RV Resort is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or ancestry. Samish and Indian preference will be applied to the selection for this position as defined in Title 25, US Code Section 473.
Please state you eligibility for Indian preference in your cover letter. Indian preference must be documented prior to interview or hiring. BIA Form 4432 or tribal enrollment ID may be submitted with the application if claiming Indian preference.
- Unavoidable hazards/risks: Work requires moderate risks which require safety precautions (using cleaning chemicals, cleaning bodily fluids and other bio-hazards etc.). Protective clothing or equipment may be required (goggles, gloves, masks, boots, etc.) Random drug tests may be performed.