Camp Samish will be from Thursday, August 22 at 8 am to Sunday, August 25 at noon. Camp Samish is an alcohol, drug and tobacco free event. Thursday check-in begins at 8 am at the registration table in the main lodge. Please stop by the registration table prior to picking out your cabins.
Join us for cultural crafts, language learning, storytelling, and more! The crafts we have planned are bracelets, wool headbands, pouches, beading, walking sticks, cedar weaving and making cedar fish pendants. Additionally, we will have a table for making giveaways for the Burke Museum, Bill and the Carving Shed, and a beach walk on Thursday and Friday.
On Saturday of Camp Samish, we are fortunate to have well-known storytellers, a violinist, stirring motivational speakers, Swil Kanim, Peter Ali, and JP Falcon. Their lives have been full of obstacles, and trauma, and they spread what they have learned so far to help them heal and for us to heal. This appearance will be August 24, at 2:00 pm at Camp Samish.
Come for the day or stay the night. Space is still available. Samish members and their households are invited to attend. For more information, please contact Sally Barrett at 360-929-0112.
Menu (subject to change)
Thursday Breakfast: Pancakes, Bacon and Spam Lunch: Sandwiches - Assorted Lunchmeats Dinner: Nachos
Friday Breakfast: Oatmeal, English Muffins and Sausage Patties Lunch: Sandwiches – Egg Salad, Lunchmeat, Salmon Dinner: Spaghetti and Garlic Bread
Saturday Breakfast: Cereal, French Toast, Scrambled Eggs and Bacon Lunch: Salmon Salad and Nachos Dinner: Clam Fritters and Samish Tacos with Homemade Chili
Sunday Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole
Camp Samish on Samish Island
Directions to Camp Kirby from the South
- I-5 North to Cook Road, Exit 232.
- Turn Left on Cook Road- Right on SR-11 (Chuckanut Drive).
- Left on Allen West Road.
- Right on Farm to Market Road.
- Left on D'Arcy Road.
- Right on Bayview-Edison Road.
- Left on Samish Island Road- Follow this road onto Samish Island.
Directions to Camp Kirby from North
- I-5 South to Exit 236 Bow Hill Road.
- Follow Bow Hill Road through the towns of Bow and Edison.
- After winding through Edison, the road turns south and becomes Farm to Market Road.
- Stay on Farm to Market only 0.4 miles
- Turn Right onto Bayview-Edison Road. There is a sign for Samish Island.
- Bayview-Edison Road becomes Samish Island Road.
- Don’t turn, but go straight on Samish Island Road for 2.2 miles to Scott Rd (as you enter onto the “island”)
Once on Samish Island
- When you enter the Island. You will see the Samish Island sign in front of you.
- Turn Left to STAY on Samish Island Rd until the next stop sign.
- Turn Left to stay on Samish Island Rd.
- Turn Right onto Wharf Rd.
- Turn Left onto Marshall Rd.
- Follow Marshall until it dead ends at Samish Point Road.
- Turn Left onto Samish Point Rd.
- Go about 2 blocks before the road curves to the Left the entrance to Camp Kirby is on the Right. There is a large wooden sign but set back a little. Be prepared to open a gate, and then to drive down a steep windy hill.