I didn't think I could get addicted to gambling. I thought I would recognize the signs.— Helpline caller, age 38
Problem gambling does not discriminate—it can happen to anyone.
When gambling causes problems with your health, your relationships, your job, or your life, it’s time to call or text. Help is free and confidential, and it’s available right now.
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you might need help:
- Am I spending more time and more money on gambling?
- Am I spending a lot of time thinking about gambling?
- Have I tried to cut back or stop, but can’t?
- Am I irritable or restless when I can’t gamble?
- Does gambling help me escape the troubles of life and make me feel better?
- Have I gone back another day to win back my losses?
- Have I lied to people I care about to hide my gambling?
- Have I taken money that wasn’t mine, written bad checks because of my gambling, or broken other laws?
- Have I neglected my family or job because of gambling?
- Have I borrowed money from others to pay bills?
Call or text 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to get help for you or someone you know.
It could be your best bet ever.