Since Time Immemorial, our Samish Longhouses have been the cornerstones of our communities.
They are a place for families to gather and take care of each other, from the youngest to the oldest. It is in that spirit that our modern Longhouse facility operates today. The Samish Longhouse currently houses our Early Learning Center and Head Start Preschools. We serve both Tribal and Local Community members. Explore our program offerings here and contact us to learn more.
All of our Samish Indian Nation Preschool Programs include:
- Child-centered, individualized curriculum focused on children's natural love of exploration and creativity
- Meals and snacks provided by our USDA school meal program
- Activities with our Samish Elder's program
Families can enroll in one or both programs listed below as long as there is room available.
Head Start Program
September to May: M, T, Th, F 9am-1pm (No school on Wednesdays)
- Free comprehensive preschool program (3-5 yr. olds) for income eligible families or children with special needs
- Health and developmental screenings
- Home visits and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Parent involvement activities and Family engagement events
Early Learning Center
Year-Round: M-F 7:30am-5:30pm
- DEL licensed program for children 12mo-5yrs
- Dedicated classroom for toddlers
- Competitive Rates: private pay, DSHS, or Tribal CCDF sliding scale (tribal members only)
Would you like to join our school community?
Contact us for current availability
Enrollment is year-round. There is a $50.00 registration fee and $30 annual fee.
We are updating our forms, please contact us for current rates and application forms.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us or stop by! Thank you!