On July 24, Tribal Canoe Journey is landing in Samish territory at Fidalgo Bay Resort in Anacortes for a shared dinner, followed by open floor. This event is open to the public.
Fidalgo Bay Resort: 4701 Fidalgo Bay Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221
Monday, July 24:
- Parking: Parking is limited. Please carpool, if possible.
- Canoe Landing: We anticipate canoes arriving mid-late afternoon. The schedule will be confirmed over the weekend.
- Dinner: Starts at 5pm, or as early as canoes arrive.
- Open Floor: Following dinner.
Tuesday, July 25:
- Breakfast: Coffee, tea, and breakfast will be available starting at 5am.
- Canoe Departures: We anticipate canoes will depart mid-late morning. The schedule will be confirmed Monday evening.
Information for Canoes & Support Crews:
- Canoes: Join us at the Fidalgo Bay Resort event center for dinner, showers, and open floor. Swinomish is generously providing shuttles to camping and additional showers at the John K. Bob Ballfield.
- Support Boats & Ground Crews: Please park at the Swinomish John K. Bob Ballfield (near 17400 Reservation Rd, La Conner, WA 98257). There will be shuttles to Fidalgo Bay Resort for dinner and open floor.
- Signing up: If you would like to help, please email email@example.com or call/text 360-298-5648. Volunteer positions are open Monday afternoon and evening, and Tuesday morning and afternoon.
- Canoe Carriers: Strong, able-bodied volunteers are need to carry canoes onto shore Monday afternoon and back to the water Tuesday morning. If you are able to help carry canoes, please indicate this when signing up.
- Arrival: Parking is limited. Please carpool, if possible. Volunteer check-in will be at the Info Tent (see map below).