Please join us on Saturday, August 5th at the Fidalgo Bay Resort for the Samish Tobacco-Free 5k Fun Run and 1 Mile Walk which will take place. This is a tribal and community-wide event promoting healthy tobacco free lifestyle choices that will reduce the risk of developing cancer-related health problems and diseases from smoking. Preventing tobacco use and helping those who use tobacco can improve the health and quality of life for Native Americans and people of all ages.
The 5k Fun Run and 1 Mile Walk is sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The Northwest Tribal Cancer Control Project, and the Samish Indian Nation. This is a Free Event! All participants receive a commemorative t-shirt, water bottle, pedometer, healthy snacks and outreach materials on tobacco awareness and prevention.
Registration, Awards, and Start Times:
- Registration is on Day of Event Only – This Event is Chip-Timed
- T-Shirt and Bib Number Pick-Up: 9:00 a.m. to race time.
- The top 3 male and top 3 female finishers in the 5k Fun Run and 1 Mile Walk will receive awards and ribbons
- The 5k Fun Run Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- The 1 Mile Walk Starts at 11:15 a.m.
Location & Directions:
Fidalgo Bay Resort Convention Center
Tommy Thompson Trail
4701 Fidalgo Bay Road, Anacortes, Washington