Samish Indian Nation Housing Department
Toll Free: (877) 470-8737
Phone: (360) 899-5282 ext 113
Fax: (360) 899-5193
Street Address: 1809 Commercial Avenue, Anacortes, WA 98221
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 217, Anacortes, WA 98221
To see and look forward that every tribal member has the opportunity to have access to a culturally sensitive environment and housing that meet their needs and free from any form of discrimination.
The primary mission of the Housing Department as directed by the Samish Indian Nation Tribal Council shall be to provide affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing that meet or exceed building standard for Tribal members through supportive and orderly community development; and social, physical and community housing activities and education to promote harmony, cooperation and values.
- To work in conjunction with other tribal departments, to assists, support and to develop a case management system for our clients.
- Expand the activities of the housing department including development of program procedures, increasing affordable housing in a culturally sensitive environment; create senior shelters; rental assistance programs; promote homeownership opportunities with support, education and financial services for all Tribal members; and implement housing related training, and monitoring housing projects.
- To provide improved living conditions for low-income Native American families while maintaining housing costs at an affordable level.
- To promote freedom of housing choice for lower income families without discrimination and regardless of any disability.
- To provide not just a place to live but a way to live for all tribal member that is safe, without fear and to meet their needs with services within the tribe.
- To promote the use of limited funding resources in an efficient manner as possible.
- To develop outside resources for tribal members to access and be able to use on their own.
- To develop more programs to assist tribal members’ changing needs such as budget planning, understanding income taxes, reading basic reports and basic home repairs.
- To develop and provide education and financial services, for all Tribal members